Among Eli's other great feats.... he is starting to learn to wave. He doesn't do it all the time, but we're working on it. He has bee clapping his hands now for some time. He also has learned "arms up" when we're undressing him. We've started to teach him some sign language. We're working on "milk," "more," "all done," and "eat." So far he hasn't made any signs, but I think they are starting to sink in.
Eli was a trooper on our trip to Moab. We are constantly amazed by how easy going he is in new environments. He didn't sleep all that well in his pack n' play (a first attempt), but there were enough beds so he slept with Mom most nights and did just fine. He wakes up a bit more at night when we are away from home, but I don't think that's too unusual. He really seemed to enjoy hiking in his pack. He fell asleep on most hikes with no complaints, but when he was awake he really seem absorbed in his surroundings. The weather was a bit cool the first few days we were there but warmed up to 75 and sunny for the remainder of our trip. Ruger was also with us, but spend most of the time in an air conditioned hotel room (he's 14... he's earned it).
Eli's eating has expanded quite a bit too. He's still being spoon fed most of his solid food, but now finger feeds himself Cheerios, cheese, pasta, fruit and vegetable bits. He hasn't mastered the "pincer" grasp totally, so he sometimes gets frustrated with the slippery stuff... usually about half of the food winds up in the seat of the high chair, which Ruger is all too happy to clean up for him! Now that Eli is eating "real food", Ruger seems to want to be around him all the time! Pretty much what we expected. I'm still nursing him several times a day, but my milk supply has diminished quite a bit, and we supplement with about 16-20 oz of formula per day as well. He has gotten much better about putting himself to sleep. Not 100% of the time, but I think eventually he'll get there. He still likes to wake up to nurse usually 2 times a night.
Eli and I are looking forward to another visit to Vermont the first week in May. Uncle Mike is graduating from Champlain, so I'll be going to his ceremony (that leaves me as the last Kamerling kid needing to earn a degree...yikes). I am hoping to check out some real estate while I'm there just to get a feel for things. We're hoping to be back in VT by about this time next year, but if all goes well, maybe sooner. We miss having family and friends around... now that Eli is here, it has hit us just how much.
Some recent photos are below.... and stay tuned, I have some video to download as well so I'll try to get that up soon.
Love to you all!
Funny Face
"Peas Please"
Sleepy Time
More funny faces! Silly Boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment